Monday 16 February 2015

Digital Detox !

This one comes straight from my brain and heart and makes me want to delete social media platforms .. This post is a completely "no food"
But I still want to write because I feel the need to voice my frustration soon turning to dislike for social gung-ho that's happening in the mumbai social life..
We all are over achievers.. And even if we are not we are making a big deal... Our fb profile says we are going to be the next award winner .. Because we dress like everyday is a party and I wouldn't be wrong if I said.. Mumbai ke log are going to judge you on the grounds of how social you are..
You : have you been to ***** yet
Me : no ya.. Let's see ..may be sometime soon..
You : oh u have to have to go baby. (* thinks to self* Sad n how ..let's talk to someone else)
Me : yeah , whatever !
Not that I don't want to try new places .. But hey what's the rush .. I'm social in my on way.. I dont need to tell the world where I am..
The time is near where people will check in to their bathroom " checked in to her bathroom" with a status " need to unload all the shit I ate yday"
The classic 20 line status updates wishing hubby/wifey anniversary.. Get a life guys we don't need to know if your wife liked the surprise..because even if she didn't its not gonna affect us..we know you guys are together forever but pls don't bore us with an essay of love..we all know what being loved feels like..pls post some pure feelings..than a wordful drama of expensive dinners and and surprise gifts...u stay with her in the same room...does your bedroom story need to spill on FB *yaaaaaawwwwnnn*
Half the world has babies..and I am gonna have someday too..but dude.. Exposing your child on Fb is just as bad an idea as your anniversary wish.. Wishing your one year a birthday with a long message on Fb is as attention seeking as it could be..and is your child gonna read it anyway.. You wish him/ her all the happiness..dude its eventually what you will end up giving them..we are not interested in seeing what you packed for their lunch..
My opinion is people are becoming insecured and attention deficit ..why would you want the world to know where you are going everyday and what you did there.. A person who really wants to see you will make an effort ... Your Facebook posts are not helping..rather they make me wanna unfollow you that instant .. A medium supply of posts and you are good
For now , I need to find more ways to stay fit and calm..and I hope my gyaan helps you stay sane..
Let's get some coffee ! Ciao

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mansi. Your words are straight and true. I liked this blog of urs coz it shows how superficial we are becoming under the wing of social networking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you abhishek.. :) stay tuned

      Delete
    2. Thank you abhishek.. :) stay tuned

      Delete
    3. Thank you abhishek.. :) stay tuned

      Delete